Decorated my Flat for Christmas

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I'm starting from scratch with Christmas decorations this year. It was making me really sad for a while but I'm trying to just embrace it. Maybe it's time for a mashup of Let It Go and Do You Want To Build A Snowman?

(Yes, I built a snowman, out of Nanoblocks. Adorbs.)


I also bought some reindeer bunting from BuntingMad. Because, bunting!


Anyway, I was pretty sure I didn't want a real tree and all the faff that goes with it. I DID, however, want the smell. I tried to buy some garland without doing the smell test - mistake! Thankfully, I have a candle from L'Occitane that smells almost exactly right.

I spotted this twig tree on Pinterest, and thought it would be a good starting point. It appears that "twig trees" are a thing - there were several listed on various websites, up to £100. Um, no. I shall get a free-for-nuthin' stick from the bike path, thank you. Unfortunately, timings last weekend meant that I was rather suspiciously collecting said stick at dusk, in the rain. Mmmm...just out collectin' my stick...don't mind me.

Here is the Festive Twig, au naturel:


With lights (LED Christmas lights are the best things ever):


And fully decorated:


I am in Christmas-decoration replenishment mode, but am trying to collect decorations from places I've been or things I've done. So far, Harry Potter, Africa, Suffolk, upstate New York, and Rhode Island are represented!

Comments