Ran For 28 Minutes

I'm still running. Well, not right this second, but you know what I mean.

I'm following the Couch to 5K schedule but have given up on the app because the timer was wonky and it was frustrating to run for longer than I was supposed to. 

I downloaded MapMyRun a few weeks ago, and am currently using that to keep track of where I run and how far. My splits are getting faster, and the running is getting easier. The run this morning felt like supremely hard work, mostly because my lungs decided to remind me that I do in fact have asthma. Thanks, lungs.

I totally surprised myself by waking up at 8:30 (hooray for sleeping in) and immediately throwing on my running gear and heading out the door.

Week 9 (30 minutes of running) starts with my next run, at which point I should be almost to 5K and ready for a Parkrun in a few weeks.

I've lost most of my muffin-top (which was the original goal), and I just feel so much stronger. I'm finding it really head-clearing, too. After an Everyone Is Stupid day on Thursday, I came home from work and zoomed out the door. I could feel the stress dropping away behind me as went. I realised as I loped along that I am in such a better place than I was a year ago. It was a good feeling!

Comments