Went to Felixstowe; Resisted Trump

I had a hankering to go to the seaside last weekend, so we braved a "wet and windy" forecast and went to Felixstowe. It only rained for a few minutes, and we enjoyed really moody skies all day.


The boardwalk was quite empty, as most people had taken the weather forecast at face value and stayed home.


I want to write about Trump, but I can't seem to find the words. I find him repellent. He is juvenile, a bully, a sexual predator, and in direct opposition to all that America stands for. I am worried that he has permanently damaged America's credibility on the world stage, and I am terrified that he will start World War 3. I am extremely glad to have a home in the UK, but I'm scared for my family and friends in the US.

I'm also feeling really powerless - I've donated to Planned Parenthood and the SPLC, and written a letter to LLBean to ask what they're going to do about Linda Bean and her support of Trump.

I understand why Trump supporters are upset with Washington and the mainstream media, but the Mexicans didn't come here and take your jobs, THE COMPUTERS came here and took your jobs. The coal mines, paper mills and factories are not coming back and retraining for another job will not make you any less of a person. Refugees from Syria don't shoot and kill Americans, OTHER AMERICANS do.

As ever, the Indigo Girls put it perfectly:
 "They say we be looking for illegal immigrants can we check your car? I say you know it's funny I think we were on the same boat back in 1694. SHAME ON YOU." - The Indigo Girls.
I also need to order a "Make America Kind Again" poster.

Suggestions gladly taken as to what else I can do.

Comments